What You Can Do
Adopt a Homeless Pet!
Adopt a pet from a pet rescue group, humane society, SPCA, animal control or your local shelter. To ADOPT a pet, please see our Adopt a Pet section for links to many wonderful pet rescue organizations we support and also check out Adopt a Pet Additional Resources for more pet adoption web sites.
Be Educated and Practice Responsible Pet Ownership!
Learn about the issues surrounding pet ownership and the responsibilities that come with it. A pet is a long term commitment that must be taken seriously. You are responsible for a living being which must always be treated with kindness, respect, care and love.
Please read Adopting A Shelter Dog by Lorraine Houston for Animals' Voice to learn more about adopting an animal, doing your homework and responsible pet ownership.
"Adopting a dog is a life time commitment which requires an informed, well-educated and sensible decision. It's my bet that if more people made this type of decision before acquiring a dog there would be fewer homeless dogs all around!"
Preach to the Unconverted!
Become an advocate for those whose voice is limited to a bark or meow.
· Write letters to your government to help strengthen anti-cruelty laws.
· Talk about the issues of homeless animals and encourage people to consider adoption.
· Help a lost pet if you see one.
· Inform those around you about responsible ownership.
· Help people understand their importance to the animals and our society as a whole.
· Practice what you preach.
Spay and Neuter Your Pets!
All of your kind donations go directly to help animals in need. Make your donation now!
There are a number of ways you can help - especially if time is your donation:
· Become a foster parent for a homeless pet.
· Transporting animals to foster homes/rescue.
· Donating supplies that are desperately needed.
· Volunteering for a pet rescue organization or at your local animal shelter, humane society or SPCA.